Many people nowadays are wondering where they can buy a floor bed for their child’s bedroom. In fact, when it comes to determining the right type of bed for your kid, it’s worth paying attention to floor beds.
There is no right answer whether it will suit your kid in particular, but today, there is a wide selection of toddler floor bed styles on the market. These beds are intended for sleeping only, and the choice of the right design may be associated with much stress. Nowadays, this style of beds is the most accessible and reasonably priced option, which has many benefits and positive sides.
Reasons Why Parents Choose Toddler Floor Beds
There are numerous reasons why modern parents prefer floor beds for kids aged 2–3 years. These include the next points:
- When the bed is positioned on the floor and is low enough for the child to have a rest, it allows having a cooler sleep experience by contrast to traditional styles. Cooler temperatures bring greater comfort during summer nights. In general, this style of beds allows children to sleep better. They are better for health and provide a healthier bedroom environment.
- It is great when you suffer from back pain. Many people often believe that a firm mattress is better for their back. Orthopedic specialists are of a similar opinion. Toddler floor beds also offer relaxation of nervous system and brain. As a result, it appears to be much better to sleep right on the floor than in traditional beds, especially because floor beds are a bit firmer.
- Some people prefer sleeping on mattresses that are too soft. As a result, they sink deeply while in bed. This guarantees incorrect sleep position and may contribute to the back pain. The sleep quality of your kid can be easily improved if you use a toddler floor bed. Depending on what causes pain in the back, it’s possible that firm surfaces provide greater relief.
- It may even improve the posture of the child. Bad posture can be yet another contributing factor to back pain or other problems like the risk of injury and poor flexibility. It was found out that good posture supports the right curve of the spine. And sleeping on the floor greatly contributes to the good quality of sleep, which makes toddler floor beds a great choice for any kid’s bedroom.
There are lots of other positive sides of floor beds like the provision of greater freedom of movement, creation of a special bond between parents and children, and others.
Main Downsides of Floor Beds for Toddlers
As soon as the child starts moving around and learns to walk, it’s worth buying a special bed for their comfort. Potential drawbacks, however, also exist. These include the next points:
- It may be uncomfortable to sleep when it is too cold. Sleeping on the floor is associated with cooler temperatures of the environment. As a result, it may become a great drawback during winter time. Simply because heat tends to rise, some people may find that sleeping directly on the floor is too cold for them.
- It may lead to the increased risk of allergies. Any bedroom is home to various allergens caused by dust and mold. Any of them may become a hindrance to good relaxation during nighttime. Floor beds, in this case, often expose people to hazardous allergens. As a result, the quality of sleep may be reduced.
Although the drawbacks of toddler floor beds are not numerous, they still exist and may cause many inconveniences to growing kids. In some situations, such beds cause pressure in hips and shoulders, so that your child may feel discomfort during sleep. As a rule, however, they offer many benefits to parents and their kids. No matter what type of furniture you choose for your child’s bedroom, it’s better to first consider all pros and cons of different styles of beds.